Proven Data Migration Approach
Type 2 Solutions uses a standard data migration approach for retrieving, transforming, validating and loading data. This approach consists of the following steps:
1. Data migration plan
We start with a preliminary study of the data migration with a data migration plan as deliverable. This plan includes: the data migration strategy, the action plan, a risk analysis, the data migration process, the control framework, the data quality optimization process, the planning and the required resources and tools.
2. Carrying out the data migration
The data migration is carried out according to the established data migration plan:
- We start with the target system (or the target systems).
- Within the target system, we identify the data sets (business objects) within the scope of the data migration. Examples of data collections are customers or relations, contracts and prices.
- We make a migration model per data collection. This is a contract in which the agreements regarding the data are recorded.
- Based on the migration model, we perform an analysis of the source system (or the source systems).
- Then we extract the data from the source system.
- The data is loaded into the T2S Migration Platform.
- The platform ensures transformation and validation of the data.
- All exceptions are reflected in the T2S Data Quality Monitor.
- If all data is correct, it will be loaded into the target system.
A data migration is an iterative process. We use an agile approach in order to be able to respond quickly to changes. Validating the entire process and the associated data is a joint responsibility of you, us and the supplier of the new system.
After various test migrations, extensive testing and after approval by the steering group based on the predefined acceptance criteria (control framework), the final data migration takes place.